Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Elite Class: 3?


In the NFL right now I think there are currently 2 quarterbacks who are top 10-15 greatest of all time, and consensus first ballot hall of famers; Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. However, the development of Drew Brees over the past 5 years, and his role in turning the Saints into a perennial Super Bowl contender raise the question; is that elite class of two, now an elite class of 3?

Brees has the statistical results, he has the ring, and he has done it consistently now for the past seven years. While players like Aaron Rodgers are on the cusp, their statistical success doesn't nearly measure the longevity of the aforementioned quarterbacks. I personally feel like Brees is very very close, but I'm not ready to put him in the same class as Brady and Manning. He continues on this pace for 2-3 more years, or wins another Superbowl and I will change my opinions. However, at this point I still think it's a two horse race. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment